24 January 2007

Well, since finishing my essay on jazz drummers last night it seems I can't stop looking at videos of this 'musical' ;) instrument.

See as a bass player, I seriously do have a large amount of respect for drummers, I have to, I play with them everyday and appreiate nothing more than a drummer laying down a badass groove for me to play over. However, they have more equipment than everyone else which takes much longer to set up, but they still insist on turning up to rehearsal later than everyone else. What's that about!?

Still, here are a couple of the better or interesting videos of these strange beat creatures:

We all tap on the table little paradiddles here and there...but this guy takes it a little further (One of my favourite Herie Hancock tunes as well):



This man is a one man D&B machine:



Well, he seems to be enjoying it:

No comments: